Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Different Heart

So I didn't take you through my whole week. I guess I can't yet. Maybe next year. After Simone's birthday came and went, I actually was unsure if I would really write this blog or not. But then I read a fellow bloggers entry today and it was so heartfelt and pure that I knew I needed to continue this. There are so many things about Simone's short existance that baffle me and sit deep deep in my heart. Who wouldn't say life has changed after such an event. Or I have heard multiple times the phrase used "new normal". I guess I don't know what normal really means. But that's neither here nor there.  What I am leading into, is that I really have changed since that day. As anyone does with a life changing event. The only way that I can explain it is that your heart gets fuller, bigger, more wide open, and your patience for b.s. completelly disappears. At the same time that Simone died, my brother was having relationship problems. He called me two days after she died and asked me how I was doing. I told him I wasn't. Then he launched into his sad sad story of she doesn't love me anymore. I extended my condolences and hung up. No time for such nonsense. Until the doctor explains to you that your child died you won't have the same heart that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment