Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Almost There

Almost there...it's that time of year again where my mind is consumed by memories. It's difficult to put it away, and really I don't want to, but I know that I scare people with my thoughts. So I don't talk about it. Correction, I try really hard not to talk about it. I think people probably get sick of hearing me mention Simone. I just can't help it. She's my child. And what do you say to someone that talks about their dead child. There isn't anything to say, and I end up putting people on the spot so I just shut up. I still can't answer the question, how many children do you have. I like going to the doctor, because then when they ask me, I can give the full answer. The eye doctor and his assistant got the whole story from me two weeks ago. Something about the title doctor and I just open up. He didn't care, and neither did she, and then I made my husband uncomfortable because his appointment was after mine and everyone in the office knew all about us!  So I found a place to talk. Right here. And if anyone listens, that's okay, but really it's just for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment